Public Safety Tips
On the Town?
- Don’t leave personal, sensitive, or valuable items in your car
- If valuables are in your car, hide them from plain view and lock up
- Lock your bicycles or car, even if you are only running a quick errand
- The car “club” is one of the most effective auto theft prevention methods
- When buying expensive items, it is always safer to dispose of the box in a discrete manner
- Be aware of your surroundings while walking
- Tell your neighbors and ask them to gather your mail and deliveries
- If you donate to our Public Safety program, you can tell CAG’s neighborhood security guard to keep an eye on your house while you’re away
- Call the post office or delivery service and ask for them to hold any packages until you return
- Put up a security system sign and/or use security cameras
- Make sure the suspicious behavior is dangerous or illegal, do not call MPD on a hunch
- When reporting be specific and clearly explain the actions and situation
- If an incident is in progress dial 911 immediately
- Text (50411) if there is an incident, texting is anonymous and you can send pictures.